Notes on St. James’ Parish Church
This font is located in the Baptistery (see diagram provided) and was given to the church in 1684 as evidenced by its inscription. It is inlaid in marble and carries its own drainage. The font is not now in use, unless at the special request of a family. Baptisms are currently conducted within the church as a ritual which enjoys congregational participation.